|Wyatt "Rambo" Ace|
|Wyatt looking at his new Nemo Room|
|During PT/OT Session|
- Wyatt is now sleeping through the night, with no additional sleep help. This is a BIG change since the PICU at Shands where he would wake on and off. What tends to wake him in the morning is poop, and this poop has NO blood. His colon is healed!
- We have began transitioning him to bolus feeds during the day with continuous feeds at night and he is tolerating them very well.
- He now will move his tongue and mouth to his lemon “lolly pop”, its actually a lemon flavored cotton swab used by speech to entice him.
- His tone seems to be loosening. The past several days he has started out tight in the morning but seems to be loosening up by the afternoon. He was so loose, that Annabell even was able to hold him.
- A few of Abby’s friends stopped by and they saw Wyatt for the first time in 1.5 weeks. They said he was so much looser and his eye movement was much more than when they saw him. It’s so nice to have that perspective, because as his parent it’s kind of like watching your kids grow, sometimes you don’t really “see” it because it’s happening right in front of you.
- We have been able to lower some of his meds and he has been tolerating it well.
- Wyatt had his first non transport outing, the doctor gave Abby a 2 hour pass each day over the weekend. She went to the park and then the apartment that our family is staying in here in Jacksonville. He was so relaxed at the apartment. Much more comfortable for him than the hospital.
- Wyatt had the hiccups for the first time the other day. I know it’s a silly thing, but he was cuddled up to Abby when it began and it felt so familiar for her. Just like he would do in the past.
- Swallowing, he needs to swallow consistently to keep his air way clear (he is keeping it clear through coughing now and swallowing is the next big step)
- Tracking with his eyes
- Continued decrease in tone and as it decreases for purposeful movement to begin with his hands/feet/etc
- To see that beautiful smile