Our first night at Brooks we noticed how much more quiet the room was for Wyatt, he slept 9 hours straight which was so good for him. This morning he was woken up by us shuffling him off to his first evaluation. This is wonderful and hard to watch. I can only imagine how hard, frustrating, and exhausting it is to relearn everything from scratch and having to watch my strong baby boy, Wyatt Ace, our fighter, do it, is heart breaking and at the same time motivating to keep fighting right along side him. We have our baby boy. He is with us, he is getting better daily, and God is doing wonderful things. We are so blessed.
Before we left Shands, Wyatt began to do a few things that he hadn't done as much. The PT saw him track her clearly for the first time with out any question. We had seen glimpses of this, but it was wonderful for him to do it for a room full of people. His coughing and clearing of his throat has become much better, and even his breathing in general sounds so much better. He also has not stormed in a couple weeks which is a huge answer to prayer. Please praise God for these steps. The Lord said in Zechariah, " Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. For who has despised the day of small things?"- He was referring to the building of his temple, but He reminded us that even the small foundations have to be laid before the large steps can happen. So we are not to trivialize even the smallest steps.
Here are a few specifics you can continue to pray for all the while asking and praising God for Wyatt's full healing and restoration.
- Let his "tone" go away - this is the tension of muscles/tendons. This way he can begin to use his limbs more naturally.
- That he will use his limbs more purposefully, i.e. Opening closing hands etc.
- That Wyatt will begin to track clearly with his eyes. He has done this, but they want to see him do it at Brooks as well, and for it to increase in frequency.
- We want to see him smile. Please pray for this.
- For Wyatt to respond to a "command", ie "open your hand", "give me 5", "look at mommy" etc.
- For our family and marriage to continue to stay protected and close during this time of healing.
- And last but not least for continued miraculous break-through for Wyatt, where even the medical staff at shocked!
We are thankful beyond words for the love shown to our wonderful Wyatt and family during this time. Please Please Please keep praying daily for Wyatt.
Here are a few more pics in last few weeks:
|Our Family's First Meal Together in 40+ Days|
|The Garden of HOPE|